Adult Faith Formation: We never stop Learning!
Our faith is an on-going journey with the destination of SALVATION. Seton Parish is committed to providing opportunities to learn. The following is a list of opportunities that have previously been offered: (They are in no particular order)
The Bible Timeline, Quick Journey through the Bible, Acts of the Apostles, Matthew, Revelation, Catholicism, Evangelization, Priest, Prophet and King, The Mass, and The 7 deadly Sins
Over the past few years we have offered 7 Living Christ Retreats. These parishioner facilitated retreats were for adults seeking a deeper relationship with Jesus. Over 200 hundred members of the parish have been able to attend and have witnessed to its success.
We are happy to announce that we are offering Bishop Robert Barron’s Pivotal Players (click to view video) series this fall. The series will begin in October with 3 available times each week. Please click on the above link for more information. Click on this link to download a registration form. Forms will also be available in the parish bulletin and in the lobby of the Parish Worship Center.
Starting September 24, 2016 we will be providing Diocesan Certification Courses. We will start with COURSE I: Person as Catechist. The class will run 7 consecutive Saturday mornings from 8:00-noon. If you’re seeking Diocesan credit, the cost is $12.00/session. There is no cost to Seton volunteers as well as anyone not seeking credit. Please click on the link to download a registration form. Any parishioner is welcome to sit in on these classes any week. Registration Form Link click here:
Online Library - For more information see our links in the links box on the right.
We have compiled this list of suggested links to help you navigate the wealth of information available on the world wide web. We hope that you find them useful.
I am listing some of the referenced readings a panel discussion (see links section on the lower right. I am also listing my personal recommended texts in regard to the Second Vatican Council.
* A Devotional Personal Prayer Book: 'Overlook Much Correct a Little: 99 Sayings by John XXIII" edited by Hans-Peter Rothlin. Published by New City Press.
* The book that I personally recommend to learn more about the Second Vatican Council: "Keys to the Council: Unlocking the Teaching of.Vatican II" by Richard R Gaillardetz and Catherine E. Clifford. Published by Liturgical Press.
* Following is the link to Ohio Dominican College which has been holding a series of talks and presentations about the Second Vatican Council.
* The office of Religious Education and Catechesis recommends that Catholics read both Lumen Gentium and Dei Verbum during the year of faith. Both of these documents were mentioned during our session.
* Another website with good information is: Voice of the Church
Please visit our "Seton Faith Formation" page for more educational opportunities and interesting information (under construction).
Mary Jane Sobczyk
Register for Pivotal Players by completing the below fom.